CBA girls dominate ECC 3A track meet
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on April 12, 2013 1:47 PM
La GRANGE -- Charles B. Aycock secured first-place finishes in 11 events and piled up a whopping 165 points during a four-team Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference meet at North Lenoir.
The Golden Falcons placed second in 11 events.
Megan Dickerson picked up victories in the 100- and 300-meter hurdles. MacKenzie Stewart claimed the 1,600- and 3,200-meter runs. Courtney Warner bested the field in the 100- and 200-meter dashes, while teammate Taylor Daniels posted wins in the 400 and 800 runs.
Klara Boyle won the triple jump.
Aycock took the 400-, 1,600- and 3,200-meter relays. The 400 relay is comprised of Daniels, Infinity Reid, Ashley Darden and Jasmine Blount. Running the 1,600 relay were Diamond Blount, Quanika Artis, Tara Simmons and Warner.
Precious Reid, Infinity Reid, Abby Shenk and Breanna Outlaw made up the 1,600 squad.
Eastern Wayne, which captured the 800 relay by one second over CBA, ended up second overall with 42 points. The Hawks scored 21 points, followed by South Johnston with 13.
The Golden Falcons return to action Monday in the annual Wayne County Track and Field Championships at Rosewood High School. Field events begin at 2 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Golden Falcons triumph on 7th-inning error
- Rosewood-Goldsboro tennis boxscore
- Thursday's prep baseball boxscores
- North Duplin stops Rosewood in 8 innings
- Goldsboro girls out-shine league opposition
- Goldsboro boys fare well in Carolina 1A track affair
- CBA boys claim ECC 3A track meet
- Wayne Christian turns back Greenfield
- Eastern Wayne blanks South Johnston in girls' soccer
- Bulldogs trip up Saints on soccer pitch