Cleveland nips Aycock in overtime
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on April 17, 2013 1:47 PM
CLAYTON -- Cleveland clinched a share of its first-ever Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference regular-season title with a 3-2, overtime triumph over Charles B. Aycock on Tuesday evening.
"It was a good ballgame ... good soccer from end to end," Golden Falcons head coach Kevin Adkins said. "We had our chances to put the game and they had their chances to put the game away."
Aycock senior Cheyenne Warrick scored in the 27th minute off Anya Kliss' assist. Emily Borel knotted the game at 2-all with a goal in the 56th minute off Sabrina Johnson's assist.
Cleveland collected the game-winning goal late in the first 10-minute OT period.
The Golden Falcons play host to Eastern Wayne on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school roundup
- Rosewood-Princeton softball box
- Southern Wayne-E. Wayne baseball box
- Walnut Creek Ladies Golf Association
- Lane Tree Ladies Golf Association
- Rosewood picks up key road win
- Oakwood defeats Wayne Christian in tennis
- Goldsboro deals Gators a league loss
- Golden Falcons dispatch Trojans in tennis