Preps digest: JV, middle school roundup
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on April 17, 2013 1:47 PM
* Baseball: Princeton 9, Rosewood 8 -- Waylon Woodard led the Bulldogs with three hits and an RBI. Tanner Woodard and Jay Cook each supplied two hits and an RBI. Hunter Mitchell (two RBI) and Matthew Boyette both had a hit. Nick Phillips recorded the win on the mound in relief. Blake Dean paced the Eagles with two hits and two RBI. Hayden Amodeo (two RBI), Anthony McKinney (RBI), Nicholas Neal, Matthew Parsons and Alex Brogden each had a hit. Jacob Dubose added an RBI.
* Baseball: Eastern Wayne 15, Southern Wayne 3 (6 inn.) -- Sawyer Smith, Josh Vandiford and Collin Nix contributed three hits apiece for the Warriors. Coy Barnett provided two hits and Lee Daniels and Hayden Ware each had a hit. Barnett surrendered just two hits in five innings of work to pick up the win on the mound.
* Baseball: C.B. Aycock 8, Cleveland 1 -- The Golden Falcons' Kyle Davis finished with two hits and an RBI. Brandon Palmer hit a home run and had two RBI. Braxton Leeper (three RBI), Ryan Davis (RBI), Caleb Smith (RBI), Tanner Stevens and Jacob Sanford each collected a hit. Kyle Davis pitched a complete game and surrendered one run on eight hits with five strikeouts and no walks to earn the win on the mound.
* Baseball: Wayne Christian 11, Village Christian 8 -- Cameron Foss' bases-loaded, two-RBI single sparked the Eagles' come-from-behind win. Bryce Norman struck out eight in six innings of work. Hunter Burt reached base on five occasions and scored four runs.
* Baseball: Faith Christian 4, Greenville Christian 2 -- Callahan Reese led the Conquerors with two hits. Dillon Downey also had a hit. Jack Casparo pitched a complete game to record the win on the mound.
* Baseball: Rosewood 12, Spring Creek 4 -- Max White paced the Eagles with three hits. Tanner Bradley, Noah Grantham and Andrew Ingram each had two hits. Derek Neal, Tucker Chapin, Noah Speight, Kolby Harris and Stalen Massengill all added a hit. Speight recorded the win on the mound.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle schools news
- North Duplin explodes after spotting Gators 8-run lead
- Eastern Wayne drops 11-inning road game to New Bern
- Bulldogs blank Spring Creek
- Mercer notches hat trick for Eagles
- Golden Falcons cruise past Southern Wayne
- Warriors obtain share of ECC boys' tennis crown
- No. 1-ranked Trojans peaking at the right time on baseball diamond
- MOC softball team eyes regional berth
- CBA-Beddingfield softball box