Rosewood, Adams best competition at SWCC
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 17, 2013 1:47 PM
DUDLEY -- Rosewood posted a team scored of 342 to claim a Carolina 1-A Conference match at Southern Wayne Country Club on Tuesday afternoon.
The Eagles' Nick Adams earned medalist honors with a round of 68.
Princeton recorded a team score of 349 to finish second and Goldsboro was third at 366. Spring Creek (381), North Duplin (396) and Ayden-Grifton 456 rounded out the team scoring.
Rosewood's Andrew Henn fired an 86 and Jaz Verceles-Zara finished with a round of 95.
Ryne Woodard led Princeton with a score of 83. Joel Hines tallied an 84 and Leith Puckett carded an 89. Matt Hall paced the Cougars with an 82 and Luke McAlduff shot 86. Carlin Thomas ended the day with a score of 88.
Kyle Stone collected the Gators' low score with a round of 81. Nathan Tanner shot 98 and Justin Price and Dwayne Brown both finished at 101.
Hunter Brock supplied the Rebels' best round at 84. Steven Duprey carded a 95 and Chris Cooper shot 108.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school roundup
- Rosewood-Princeton softball box
- Southern Wayne-E. Wayne baseball box
- Walnut Creek Ladies Golf Association
- Lane Tree Ladies Golf Association
- Rosewood picks up key road win
- Oakwood defeats Wayne Christian in tennis
- Goldsboro deals Gators a league loss
- Golden Falcons dispatch Trojans in tennis