North Duplin explodes after spotting Gators 8-run lead
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 18, 2013 1:47 PM
CALYPSO -- North Duplin reeled off 15 unanswered runs and stormed past Spring Creek, 16-9, as first-half play concluded on the Carolina 1-A Conference baseball scene Tuesday evening.
Mitchell Thigpen batted 2-for-2, scored three runs and collected four RBI. He emerged the winning pitcher, recording five strikeouts in 5 2/3 innings on the mound.
Trey Pate (two RBI) and Blake Rhodes (four RBI) contributed two hits apiece. Taylan Lewis supplied a double and two RBI.
The Rebels (11-5 overall, 4-1 CC) entertain Goldsboro on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Saints drop heartbreaker to Trojans
- Thursday's ECC baseball boxes
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Rosewood earns share of Carolina 1-A crown
- Eastern Wayne clinches ECC title outright
- Golden Falcons win 4-team golf meet
- Ramirez gets hat trick for Saints
- State-ranked Epiphany defeats WCDS 1-0
- Greene Central turns back Kinston
- Trojans shut out Saints on softball diamond