Preps digest: JV, middle schools news
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on April 18, 2013 1:47 PM
* Baseball: Princeton 13, North Duplin 3 -- Tanner Woodard got the win on the pitcher's mound for the Bulldogs with five innings of work. Woodard allowed just three hits. Jasper Cook paced the Princeton offense with three hits and three runs scored. Waylon Woodall and Hunter Mitchell each finished with two hits in the win. North Duplin was led by Hunter Thurston's two-hit effort.
* Baseball: Princeton 9, Rosewood 8 -- Hunter Mitchell cranked out the game-deciding, walk-off double in the bottom of the seventh inning Tuesday evening. Nick Phillips emerged the winning pitcher. Waylon Woodall paced the Bulldogs' offense with three hits. Mitchell, Tanner Woodard and Jasper Cook had two hits apiece. Blake Dean led Rosewood with two hits.
* Softball: Princeton 8, Frink Middle 0 -- Beth Braswell recorded 12 strikeouts in a complete-game no-hitter for the Bulldogs. Brianna Myers and Selah Smith had two hits apiece. Braswell, Emily Ricks, Hailey Jones and Riley Martin each collected one hit. Princeton (8-1 overall) entertains Benson Middle today.
Other Local Sports
- Saints drop heartbreaker to Trojans
- Thursday's ECC baseball boxes
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Rosewood earns share of Carolina 1-A crown
- Eastern Wayne clinches ECC title outright
- Golden Falcons win 4-team golf meet
- Ramirez gets hat trick for Saints
- State-ranked Epiphany defeats WCDS 1-0
- Greene Central turns back Kinston
- Trojans shut out Saints on softball diamond