Gators knock off Dogs on baseball diamond
By Andrew Stevens
Published in Sports on April 19, 2013 1:47 PM
PRINCETON -- Spring Creek scored nine runs in the top of the sixth inning to rally for a 13-6 win at Carolina 1-A Conference foe Princeton on Thursday evening.
Matt Rogers (RBI) and Ian Ladd paced the Gators with two hits apiece. Allen Coor (two RBI) and Luke Miller (RBI) each had a hit. Chad Spurgeon contributed two RBI and Logan Miller and Mason Harkay both supplied an RBI.
Will Rouse picked up the win on the mound in relief.
Brad Barnes led the Bulldogs with three hits and an RBI in the loss. Matt Daughtry (two RBI), Josh Boykin (RBI), Jake Sullivan (RBI) and Matthew Peedin each had two hits.
Matthew Edwards, Michael Wooten, Corey Grantham and Alex Harmon all added a hit.
The Gators (8-9 overall, 3-3 CC) play host to Ayden-Grifton on Tuesday, while Princeton (5-11, 1-5) visits North Duplin.
Other Local Sports
- Saints drop heartbreaker to Trojans
- Thursday's ECC baseball boxes
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Rosewood earns share of Carolina 1-A crown
- Eastern Wayne clinches ECC title outright
- Golden Falcons win 4-team golf meet
- Ramirez gets hat trick for Saints
- State-ranked Epiphany defeats WCDS 1-0
- Greene Central turns back Kinston
- Trojans shut out Saints on softball diamond