Golden Falcons win 4-team golf meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 19, 2013 1:47 PM
Charles B. Aycock finished first in a four-team non-conference match on Thursday at Goldsboro Municipal Golf Course.
The Golden Falcons recorded a team score of 315 and finished ahead of second-place Wilson Beddingfield's total of 333. Goldsboro was third with a mark of 357 and Spring Creek finished fourth at 377.
Aycock's Dylan Mitchell claimed medalist honors with a round of 71 and teammates Battle Burnette and Josh Wheeler both had scores of 81. Stephen Abrams led the Burins with a 76.
The Cougars' Carlin Thomas and Matt Hall shot personal bests of 76 and 79, respectively. Kyle Stone led the Gators with a score of 75 and Nathan Tanner carded a 100.
Other Local Sports
- Conference Carolinas Championships: MOC teams fare well
- No. 1-ranked Trojans sweep in-state foe Pfeiffer in baseball
- North Duplin trips up Goldsboro
- Ayden-Grifton turns back Rosewood
- Cougars compete in Carolina 1-A track meet
- Saints drop heartbreaker to Trojans
- Thursday's ECC baseball boxes
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Rosewood earns share of Carolina 1-A crown
- Eastern Wayne clinches ECC title outright