North Duplin trips up Goldsboro
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 20, 2013 11:05 PM
CALYPSO -- North Duplin scored seven runs on just four hits during a 7-1 victory over Carolina 1-A Conference foe Goldsboro on Friday afternoon.
James Britt (RBI), Tyler Potter (RBI), Trey Pate and Charlie Mac Holloman (RBI) each had one hit for the Rebels. Blake Rhodes and Cody Ivey each contributed an RBI.
Ivey started on the mound and permitted two hits in three innings. Pate provided four innings of one-hit, five-strikeout relief and claimed the pitching victory.
Rayshawn Dickerson paced Goldsboro's offense with two hits. Ronald Woody and Blake Mayo supplied one hit apiece.
North Duplin (12-5 overall, 5-1 CC) plays host to Princeton on Tuesday, while the Cougars (2-15, 0-6) are the guests of Rosewood the same evening.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school sports
- Aycock rallies late, wins pivotal ECC softball game
- Princeton defense stifles Rosewood
- C.B. Aycock-S. Johnston softball box
- Eastern Wayne cranks out 15-1 non-conference win
- Wayne Christian defeats WCDS in baseball
- Golden Falcons edge Greene Central in tennis
- Trojan women finish second in conference tournament
- MOC softball wins league title, earns first-ever NCAA regional playoff bid
- Eagles take commanding lead in Carolina 1-A golf