Bulldogs' Paul logs complete-game win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 24, 2013 1:47 PM
CALYPSO -- Tori Paul tossed a complete-game three-hitter and Carolina 1-A Conference leader Princeton upended North Duplin, 10-2, on Tuesday evening.
Paul threw 20 first-pitch strikes and logged five strikeouts.
Charley Cox, Kelsey Peedin and Logan Pace cranked out two hits apiece for the Bulldogs' offense. Peedin and Pace drove in two runs apiece.
Shaily McCarty pitched for North Duplin. McCarty, Thornton and Raychel Barwick each had a hit for the Rebels.
Princeton (12-2 overall, 6-0 CC) is the guest of Goldsboro on Friday, while North Duplin (7-9, 3-4) visits Ayden-Grifton.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV sports news
- Princeton shuts out Goldsboro on soccer pitch
- Bulldogs' Johnson tosses no-hitter
- Wayne Christian rolls over Community
- Greene Central rallies in 7th inning
- Aycock girls finish 2nd in ECC 3-A Championship meet
- Rosewood secures dual-team tennis berth
- Fitzpatrick-Kaspar battle set for today
- Trojans seek 4-peat in Burlington
- Carolina 1-A Track Championships results