Aycock girls finish 2nd in ECC 3-A Championship meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 25, 2013 1:47 PM
FOUR OAKS -- Courtney Warner claimed two individual crowns during the season-ending Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference women's track and field championship meet contested at South Johnston High School.
Warner won the 100- and 200-meter dashes for the Golden Falcons, who finished second overall in the team competition behind Cleveland, 191-132.5. The two schools shared the ECC team sportsmanship award.
Emily Martin (discus) and Megan Dickerson (110 hurdles) also won individual events for CBA.
"Cleveland came loaded for bear, manned up to the occasion," Golden Falcons head coach Roger Rhodes said. "Every point they got, they deserved. I'm proud of my girls. They did everything they could and I thought they ran well overall."
Triton placed third with 65 points. Southern Wayne collected 52 points, followed by Eastern Wayne (33), North Lenoir (30.5) and South Johnston (24).
Other Local Sports
- Warrick notches 6 goals on senior night
- Golden Falcons clinch portion of ECC 3A baseball title
- C.B. Aycock-So. Wayne baseball box
- Fitzpatrick claims ECC singles tennis crown
- Bill, Mercer score in Rosewood's home win
- Best notches game-winning goal against Epiphany
- Warriors tie for 2nd in ECC 3A girls soccer
- Wayne Christian tennis falls to Oakwood
- Saints' linksters continue late-season surge
- North Lenoir softball defeats Eastern Wayne