Adams ends up medalist, Eagles shoot season-low score
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 26, 2013 1:47 PM
Rosewood and South Johnston each posted their lowest team scores of the season during a dual-team, non-conference match contested at Goldsboro Municipal Golf Course on Thursday afternoon.
Junior Nick Adams claimed medalist honors with a 4-under par 68, while the Trojans' Patrick Stephenson fashioned a 3-under 69 on the par-72 layout. South's Quentin Toler carded a 77, while Rosewood's Andrew Henn turned in a season-best 81.
"It was great to see both of our teams rounding into form going into the last week of the season," Rosewood head coach Daniel Baynes said. "It was fun to do a head-to-head match for the first time this season ... reminded me of my track days where every point really meant something."
Jaz Verceles-Zara and freshman Jeremy Mercer completed Rosewood's four-player total with an 88 and 90, respectively. Dylan Champion and Dylan Greene also participated.
Payton Tracy (93) and Cliff McLamb (93) accounted for South's remaining two scores that counted toward the team tally.
Other Local Sports
- Warrick notches 6 goals on senior night
- Golden Falcons clinch portion of ECC 3A baseball title
- C.B. Aycock-So. Wayne baseball box
- Fitzpatrick claims ECC singles tennis crown
- Bill, Mercer score in Rosewood's home win
- Best notches game-winning goal against Epiphany
- Warriors tie for 2nd in ECC 3A girls soccer
- Wayne Christian tennis falls to Oakwood
- Saints' linksters continue late-season surge
- North Lenoir softball defeats Eastern Wayne