Spring Creek defeats Rosewood, tightens Carolina 1A race
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 26, 2013 1:47 PM
Spring Creek earned its second straight win over a Carolina 1-A Conference co-leader with a 4-3 victory at Rosewood on Thursday evening.
The Gators scored a run in the top of the seventh inning to break the 3-3 tie and hung on for their third consecutive win. Spring Creek moved into a second-place tie with Rosewood in league play.
Logan Miller (RBI), Matt Rogers (RBI), Ian Ladd (RBI), Trey Hammonds (RBI), Luke Miller, Chad Spurgeon and Mason Harkay each collected a hit for the Gators.
Logan Miller emerged the winning pitcher, giving up three earned runs on nine hits to go along with two strikeouts and a walk in six innings. Luke Miller tossed a scoreless seventh and notched the save.
Hayden Amodeo (two RBI), Jonathan Cherry and Daniel Herring each contributed two hits for Rosewood. Jordan Gurley (RBI), Reed Howell and Jordan Lynn all added a hit.
Howell pitched a complete game and endured the loss on the mound.
The Gators (10-9 overall, 5-3 CC) play host to Greene Central in non-conference play on Monday. The Eagles (6-13, 5-3) visit North Duplin on Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Warrick notches 6 goals on senior night
- Golden Falcons clinch portion of ECC 3A baseball title
- C.B. Aycock-So. Wayne baseball box
- Fitzpatrick claims ECC singles tennis crown
- Bill, Mercer score in Rosewood's home win
- Best notches game-winning goal against Epiphany
- Warriors tie for 2nd in ECC 3A girls soccer
- Wayne Christian tennis falls to Oakwood
- Saints' linksters continue late-season surge
- North Lenoir softball defeats Eastern Wayne