Adams claims medalist honors in Carolina 1-A golf match
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 1, 2013 1:47 PM
DUDLEY -- Nick Adams earned medalist honors with a round of 70 to lead Rosewood to a victory in a six-team Carolina 1-A Conference meet on Tuesday afternoon at Southern Wayne Country Club.
The Eagles compiled a team score of 331 to finish first ahead of Goldsboro's total of 356. Princeton was third with a score of 359. Spring Creek (366), North Duplin (409) and Ayden-Grifton (453) rounded out the team scoring.
Andrew Henn carded an 85 for the Eagles. Jaz Verceles-Zara and Dylan Greene both fired rounds of 88. Carlin Thomas paced the Cougars with an 81. Matt Hall shot 82 and Luke McAlduff finished with an 88.
Ryne Woodard supplied the Bulldogs' low round of 84. Leith Puckett shot 88 and Joel Hines tallied a 90.
The Gators' Kyle Stone shot 71 followed by Justin Price and Dwayne Brown who each fired a 98.
The Rebels' Hunter Brock carded an 86 and Chris Cooper finished with a 102.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Middle school news
- Best tallies 5 goals for Chargers
- Dogs shut out Gators on softball diamond
- Faith Christian defeats Trinity Christian-Greenville
- Trojans bump Saints from ECC baseball tournament
- Gators manage just four hits in Carolina 1-A win
- Eastern Wayne-Cleveland box
- Dixon delivers game-winning hit, Warriors clinch playoff berth
- C.B. Aycock softball team exceeds expectations
- Eastern Wayne girls rally in ECC soccer semifinals