Adams claims medalist honors at annual Cookout Classic
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on May 3, 2013 1:47 PM
Rosewood emerged the top team and Nick Adams claimed medalist honors during the second annual "Cookout Classic" contested at Goldsboro Municipal Golf Course on Thursday afternoon.
Goldsboro and Eastern Wayne finished second and third, respectively.
Adams fired a 73 and the Eagles posted a four-player total of 325. Andrew Henn added an 82, followed by Jaz Verceles-Zara (84) and Dylan Greene (86).
Matt Hall led the Cougars with a 79. Carlin Thomas (80), Luke McAlduff (95) and Samuel Prairie (95) also contributed to the team score.
Willis Underwood paced the Warriors with an 82. Teammate Ty Schmeltzer fired an 86 and won the longest drive of the day contest. Jacob Sauls and Andrew Lockerby rounded out Eastern Wayne's team score.
Adams was closest-to-the-pin on No. 16.
"We'd like to thank the GMGC staff for all of the help and support that they offer to the golfers in our community," RHS head coach Daniel Baynes said. "They are truly growing the game in the greater Goldsboro area."
Other Local Sports
- Local Preps Digest
- Princeton finishes unbeaten against league opponents
- prep baseball boxes
- North Duplin clinches Carolina 1-A Conference title
- Mount Olive women's soccer signs six players
- Goldsboro Elite Martial Arts hosts two-day testing
- Cole headed to St. Andrews
- Goldsboro MGC now hosting PGA Family Course
- C.B. Aycock advances to ECC tournament finals
- Ayden-Grifton slips past Goldsboro on baseball diamond