Walnut Creek LGA news
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 8, 2013 1:46 PM
Kathy Woodard and Marilyn "Pete" Reaves each emerged as a gold medalist during the Senior Games. Faye Franklin, Linda Cannon and Betty Holloway each claimed a silver medal.
Hiromi Sueki captured low putts in first flight competition during the Eastern Carolina Ladies Golf Association two-day finals contested at Brook Valley Country Club. Faye Franklin won first net in second flight. Charlotte Campbell secured second gross in fourth flight.
Holloway was recognized for perfect attendance for the 2012-13 season.
In regular weekly play on the Walnut Creek Country Club links, Evelyn Rose grabbed low gross. Margarett "Sam" Gillett and Maureen Prys picked up low net and low putts, respectively.
Other Local Sports
- Conquerors' baseball season closes at Bethel
- Chargers ousted from NCISAA 1A baseball playoffs
- Wayne Christian-Statesville baseball game postponed
- Rosewood softball falls to South Central
- Burroughs homers in Aycock's home loss
- C.B. Aycock-Triton baseball box
- ECC baseball sweep -- Aycock wins regular-season, tournament titles
- Lane Tree LGA news
- Rosewood's Clark will join new college football program in Georgia
- Eagles' Raynor likes Fayetteville State's up-tempo offense