Faith Christian-RM defeats Wayne Christian
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 10, 2013 1:47 PM
ROCKY MOUNT -- Wayne Christian completed its regular season with a 7-2, non-conference loss at Faith Christian of Rocky Mount on Thursday afternoon.
Top-seeded Christopher Easom defeated the Patriots' Sam Ess 6-4, 6-2. Sixth-seeded Cody Easom handed Luke Farmer a 6-7, 6-3, 10-6 defeat.
Faith Christian (6-7 overall) sealed the outcome by sweeping the doubles matches.
Wayne Christian (5-7) travels to Oakwood for an opening-round match in the inaugural N.C. Independent Schools Athletic Association Class 1-A dual-team playoffs Tuesday.
Elon School is the overall No. 1 seed in the eight-team field. Statesville Christian is the No. 2 seed, followed by the Oakwood School. Greenfield School is seeded fourth.
Two teams advanced to the postseason without winning a match -- seventh-seeded Epiphany and eighth-seeded Flora MacDonald Academy.
Other Local Sports
- Tanner, Best provide Chargers' offensive punch
- Malette, Frasier each bring home silver medal from 1A state meet
- Rosewood's Cuddington finishes state runner-up in 1A men's tennis
- Rebels test Southwest Onslow on softball diamond
- Princeton comes back against East Carteret
- Spring Creek knocks off Wallace-Rose Hill
- Eastern Wayne alum hired by East Miss. Community College
- Trojans' softball season ends in D2 Southeast Regional
- Cardinals upset ECC champions in opening round
- Jacksonville-CBA baseball box