CBA eliminated from dual-team playoffs
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 14, 2013 1:47 PM
CHAPEL HILL -- Charles B. Aycock triumphed on two singles courts, but perennial power Chapel Hill claimed a 7-2 victory in the N.C. High School Athletic Association Class 3-A dual-team playoffs on Monday afternoon.
The Golden Falcons' Allan Best and Stanton Head won at Nos. 5 and 6 singles, respectively. Best earned a default, while Head needed a third-set tiebreaker to defeat the Tigers' Daniel Ferreria.
"I am proud of our guys for finishing in the top eight teams in the state," CBA head coach Luke Vail said. "Today, we were beaten by a better team. Chapel Hill had too many weapons in their arsenal to overcome.
"They had a total tennis game and kept us on our heels. Today's match was a great experience for our younger players."
Aycock graduates one senior -- Will Hoff.
"His service, competitive play and great attitude have been an asset to our team," Vail said.
Other Local Sports
- Pam Pack opens door for new 3A softball state champion
- Washington-C.B. Aycock box
- Union-Spring Creek box
- Union eliminates Spring Creek from 1A baseball playoffs
- Rosewood's Adams cards second-day 72
- WCDS bows out of NCISAA 1A soccer playoffs
- Rosewood upsets SW Onslow in 1A softball playoffs
- Princeton's Paul, Wood combine for 2-hit shutout
- N. Duplin-W. Columbus box
- Eighth-inning error helps North Duplin advance in postseason