Rosewood has rough opening round
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 14, 2013 1:47 PM
CHAPEL HILL -- Nick Adams concluded first-round play 12 strokes behind the overall leader and Rosewood is 11th in team action after opening-round play of the 2013 N.C. High School Athletic Association Class 1-A men's golf championships on Monday afternoon.
Adams carded an 18-hole round of 82 on the challenging par-72, Chapel Hill Country Club layout. The Eagles fired a four-player total of 392, well behind first-day leader and defending state champion Bishop McGuiness, which shot a 305.
Spring Creek's Kyle Stone collected an 83. Goldsboro's Matt Hall logged a 90.
The 36-hole tournament concludes today.
Other Local Sports
- Pam Pack opens door for new 3A softball state champion
- Washington-C.B. Aycock box
- Union-Spring Creek box
- Union eliminates Spring Creek from 1A baseball playoffs
- Rosewood's Adams cards second-day 72
- WCDS bows out of NCISAA 1A soccer playoffs
- Rosewood upsets SW Onslow in 1A softball playoffs
- Princeton's Paul, Wood combine for 2-hit shutout
- N. Duplin-W. Columbus box
- Eighth-inning error helps North Duplin advance in postseason