Rosewood's Adams cards second-day 72
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 15, 2013 1:47 PM
CHAPEL HILL -- Rosewood's Nick Adams carded an even-par 72 during final-round play of the 2013 NCHSAA 1-A men's golf championships on Tuesday afternoon.
Adams logged five birdies on his final nine holes and finished tied for fourth overall with a two-day total of 152 on the par-72, Chapel Hill Country Club layout.
"Nick was on fire (late)," RHS head coach Daniel Baynes said. "He quit being conservative, started hitting driver and going for broke. He told me that he wished he had not waited 27 holes to start playing his game instead of allowing the course to dictate to him."
Rosewood carded a four-player total of 380 and ended up 11th among 12 teams competing in the 36-hole affair. Andrew Henn, Dylan Greene and Jaz Verceles-Zara rounded out the team score.
Dylan Champion and Jeremy Mercer also played.
Spring Creek's Kyle Stone and Goldsboro's Matt Hall each shot an 85.
Other Local Sports
- Southeast Regional round-up
- MOC-Lincoln Memorial
- North Duplin baseball column
- Local golf
- Lancaster hopes Trojans return to 'old self' in regional
- Aycock's Mitchell signs NLI with Louisburg College
- NCAA Division II Southeast Regional title up for grabs
- Pam Pack opens door for new 3A softball state champion
- Washington-C.B. Aycock box
- Union-Spring Creek box