ECBL: Spring Creek defeats North Lenoir Green
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 2, 2013 1:53 AM
La GRANGE -- Matt Rogers drove in the go-ahead run and Will Rouse threw a complete game during Spring Creek's 4-3 victory over North Lenoir Green in an Eastern Carolina Baseball League game Thursday evening.
Chad Spurgeon knotted the game at 3-3 with a two-out, two-RBI triple in the top of the seventh. Rogers followed with his game-winning hit.
Rouse yielded three runs (two earned) on three hits, walked four and struck out four on the mound.
Rogers, Spurgeon and Logan Miller each provided two hits on the night. Allen Coor contributed a hit and an RBI.
Spring Creek (1-2 overall) visits Wayne on Monday.
North Lenoir Green travels to East Duplin.
Other Local Sports
- Walnut Creek Ladies Golf news
- All-Area softball: Bulldogs' Paul named pitcher-of-the-year
- All-Area softball: Princeton's Braswell named top coach
- Post 11 turns back pesky Jones County
- Post 11-Jones County box
- Wayne County gets mercy-rule win over Ahoskie Post 102
- Post 11 staff makes official cut, gets down to business
- Lane Tree Ladies Golf Association news
- ECBL: East Duplin turns back Wayne
- ECBL: C.B. Aycock White off to 3-0 start