Wayne battles from behind in ECBL win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 4, 2013 1:47 PM
Austin Howell and Brandon Price contributed three hits apiece during Wayne's come-from-behind, 6-5 victory over Spring Creek in an Eastern Carolina Baseball League game Monday evening.
Holden Foster added two hits. Mason Bland (two RBI) and Trey Hinton (RBI) each provided one hit.
Foster tossed three innings of hitless relief and emerged the winning pitcher. Starter Ted Suggs surrendered five runs (two earned) on seven hits and fanned six Spring Creek batters in four innings.
Wayne (2-2 overall) travels to Wilson Fike on Thursday. The doubleheader begins at 5 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Spots filling up fast for Wayne County Men's Amateur
- Wayne County Post 11 completes regular-season sweep of Jones County
- Rosewood-Aycock blue box
- CBA Blue cranks out mercy-rule shutout over Rosewood
- Wayne County Post 11-Jones County box
- CBA White falls to Parrott Academy
- Golden Falcons' Mercer signs with Cape Fear CC
- Brooks excited about taking over CBA football job
- Joining the nest: Aycock hires Brooks as new varsity football coach
- Wayne County offense shut down after 2nd inning