Spring Creek-EW game starts, but stopped
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on June 14, 2013 1:48 PM
SEVEN SPRINGS -- Spring Creek and Eastern Wayne made every attempt to get their Eastern Carolina Baseball League game in before severe weather arrived Thursday night.
Mother Nature had other ideas.
Eastern Wayne grabbed a 2-0 lead in the top of the first inning when Tanner Wells and Carlyle Smith delivered back-to-back RBI singles.
Spring Creek loaded the bases with one out in the bottom of the first when heavy rains led to a 20-minute delay. Play resumed but was stopped quickly when lightning was spotted in the distance.
Eastern Wayne (1-3 overall) travels to Southern Wayne on Monday, while Spring Creek (1-6) plays host to Parrott Academy.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County Junior Amateur: Sutton claims boys' 18U individual crown
- Wayne County Post 11-Wilson Post 13 box
- Post 11 rallies in seventh, eighth innings at Wilson
- Lane Tree Ladies Golf news
- ECBL: Wilson Christian defeats Wayne
- ECBL: C.B. Aycock White escapes North Lenoir Green
- ECBL: Gators' Spurgeon throws complete-game shutout
- ECBL: So. Wayne-EW box
- ECBL: Southern Wayne rolls past Eastern Wayne
- Post 11 cruises to road win at Albemarle-Elizabeth City