ECBL: McGee swats home run in CBA White's mercy-rule win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 20, 2013 1:47 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Ashton McGee mashed a home run, doubled and drove in three runs, and sparked Charles B. Aycock White to a 10-0, mercy-rule triumph over Wayne in an Eastern Carolina Baseball League game contested at Charles Davis Field.
McGee finished the day 3-for-4.
Braxton Leeper (RBI), Brandon Palmer and Bradley Pate (two RBI) contributed two hits apiece.
Chandler Matthews emerged the winning pitcher, striking out three and permitting four hits in a four-inning stint. Landen Casey preserved the shutout with two innings of one-hit, one-strikeout relief.
Ted Suggs, Mason Bland, Tanner Rose and Trey Hinton each had one hit for Wayne.
Suggs endured the pitching loss.
The Golden Falcons (9-1 overall) travel to Hunt for a doubleheader today. Wayne (2-10) plays host to Southern Wayne. Each twinbill begins at 5 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Post 11 postponed for the 2nd straight day
- Post 11-Edenton box
- 800 -- at last: Wayne County rolls at Edenton
- Sherrer reflects on Wayne County's 800th win
- Costa shares love for soccer at EW camp
- ECBL: Aycock Blue's West throws complete-game 2-hitter
- ECBL: Aycock White, Hunt split doubleheader
- ECBL: Gators' Rogers has 5-hit outing
- ECBL: C.B. Aycock Blue-Parrott box
- Spring Creek soccer trio headed to Powerade State Games