McGee, DuBose sign with Francis Marion
By FMU Sports Information
Published in Sports on July 30, 2013 1:47 PM
FLORENCE, S.C. -- A trio of Southeastern Community College teammates will play for perennial Division II baseball power Francis Marion University in 2014.
Nick McGee and Eric DuBose, who each starred at Charles B. Aycock High School, and fellow Ram Cody Dix are part of the Patriots' 10-player JUCO recruiting class signed by head coach Art Inabinet.
McGee batted .267 with 35 hits, 18 RBI and 19 runs scored last spring for Southeastern. He transferred after signing a national letter-of-intent with Wingate University.
DuBose, who now resides in Lexington, S.C., just completed his second season with Southeastern. The 6-foot-3 left-hander logged a 3.09 earned run average and collected 54 strikeouts. He concluded the season 5-4 on the bump.
"Nick possesses good defensive skills behind the plate and swings the bat extremely well," Inabinet said. "We will look for him to hit in the middle of our lineup in 2014.
"Eric is coming off a good year at Southeastern. We will evaluate him during the fall and he will have a shot to challenge for a starting spot in the rotation this spring."
Francis Marion ended up 28-20 overall last season and finished sixth in the highly-competitive Peach Belt Conference. The Patriots have appeared in four of the past five NCAA Division II Southeast Regionals, and played for a trip to the College World Series on three occasions.
Other Local Sports
- Lots of new faces greet Saints' coaching staff
- Britt likes Eagles' work ethic
- Britt selected to coach in East-West All-Star football game
- East regional appearance fuels Bulldawgs
- Young, enthusiastic Rebels work out in rain
- Family Y triathlon results
- Achilles injury doesn't bother Worrell
- Excited Sanders pleased to see large group report to practice
- Initial workout at Goldsboro draws coach's praise
- Williams has mixed emotions about Warriors' first day