Morgan delivers 20-kill effort against Eastern Wayne
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 20, 2013 1:47 PM
Senior Ellen Morgan cranked out a match-high 20 kills and passed out seven assists in Rosewood's season-opening, four-set triumph over county foe Eastern Wayne on Monday.
Morgan collected seven assists, two blocks and three digs in the 20-25, 25-23, 25-19, 25-20 win. Anna Ingram doled out a match-high 19 assists to go along with five blocks and four kills. Callie Thornton supplie nine kills and two aces. Ashley Thornton had six kills, four blocks and an ace.
Ashlyn Spell (two kills, six digs), Hayley Mercer (two kills, seven assists) and Lexi Mercer (five blocks, three kills) contributed to the win.
Rosewood (1-0 overall) is the guest of Southern Wayne today.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV sports
- Rosewood beats 2nd county foe in 2-day period
- Greene Central advances in Wilson Cup
- Talent-heavy Eastern Wayne rolls past South Central
- Zacharzuk scores twice in CBA's season-opening win
- Lynn's PK lifts Rosewood on the road
- Princeton trips up volleyball rival North Johnston
- Goldsboro serves up 25 aces against Hobbton
- Walnut Creek Ladies Golf news
- CBA-New Bern tennis box