Weather postpones area contests
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 20, 2013 1:47 PM
Mother Nature interfered on the opening day of the high school fall sports season.
Wayne Country Day's season-opening, girls' tennis match against Lawrence was postponed until Wednesday. First serve is 4 p.m. on the Wayne Community College tennis courts.
The Southern Wayne-East Duplin girls' tennis match was postponed. No make-up date has been scheduled.
North Lenoir and Wilson Fike were washed out on the soccer pitch. A make-up date has not been announced.
The Hawks launch their 2013 campaign today against Rosewood. Kick-off is 6 p.m. at Bullock Field in Wheat Swamp.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV sports
- Rosewood beats 2nd county foe in 2-day period
- Greene Central advances in Wilson Cup
- Talent-heavy Eastern Wayne rolls past South Central
- Zacharzuk scores twice in CBA's season-opening win
- Lynn's PK lifts Rosewood on the road
- Princeton trips up volleyball rival North Johnston
- Goldsboro serves up 25 aces against Hobbton
- Walnut Creek Ladies Golf news
- CBA-New Bern tennis box