Lynn's PK lifts Rosewood on the road
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 21, 2013 1:47 PM
LaGRANGE -- Rosewood overcame an early deficit and rallied for a 2-1 non-conference win at North Lenoir on Tuesday evening.
Nic Kennedy scored off Braxton Greene's assist in the 20th minute to give the Hawks a 1-0 lead.
The Eagles tied the game in the second half as Reed Howell found the back of the net off an assist from Zack Barnes. Corey Lynn scored the game-winning goal on a penalty kick.
Rosewood (1-0-0 overall) visits North Johnston on Aug. 26. North Lenoir (0-1) travels to Rosewood on Aug. 28.
Other Local Sports
- Area teams run at New Bern's Creekside Park
- Lane Tree Ladies Golf news
- Aycock linksters claim season-opening victory
- Greene Central rolls over Tarboro in tennis
- WCDS nets season-opening win over Lawrence Academy
- Golden Falcons' Clark finding his niche
- Bulldogs' Frasier out to prove 2012 wasn't a fluke
- FOOTBALL TAB -- Eagles look to build on late-season surge from 2012
- FOOTBALL TAB - North Duplin roster
- FOOTBALL TAB -- Rebels' coaching staff working with several new faces