Hickory scores late, slips past Chargers
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 24, 2013 11:26 PM
HICKORY -- A final four team last season, Hickory punched in two second-half goals in the final 20 minutes and turned back Wayne Country Day, 2-1, on Friday afternoon.
Ramel Carpenter put the Chargers in front 1-0 on an assist from Noah Adkins in the first half.
Hickory pressured the WCDS defense and notched the game-tying goal midway through the final half. The Chargers surrendered the game-winning goal with about five minutes left in regulation.
Other Local Sports
- Tigers score early, often against Saints
- Dixon denies Spring Creek's bid for season-opening win
- Golden Falcons prevail in Brooks' coaching debut
- Friday's state prep football scores
- Warriors shut out North Lenoir
- BOX -- Southern Wayne-James Kenan
- BOX -- Spring Creek-Dixon
- BOX -- Rosewood-C.B. Aycock
- BOX -- Princeton-E. Carteret
- BOX -- Goldsboro-Franklinton