North Duplin-Southside game suspended
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 24, 2013 11:26 PM
CHOCOWINITY -- Inclement weather suspended the season-opening contest between North Duplin and Southside on Friday evening.
The Rebels led 20-6 at halftime when the game was stopped. Play will resume Monday at 7 p.m.
Daron Goodman busted loose for a 67-yard touchdown run on the second play from scrimmage to give North Duplin the early lead. Boone McNeill hauled in a 41-yard touchdown pass from quarterback James Britt, who added a 1-yard TD plunge in the second quarter.
The Seahawks scored as time expired to end the half.
Other Local Sports
- Tigers score early, often against Saints
- Dixon denies Spring Creek's bid for season-opening win
- Golden Falcons prevail in Brooks' coaching debut
- Friday's state prep football scores
- Warriors shut out North Lenoir
- BOX -- Southern Wayne-James Kenan
- BOX -- Spring Creek-Dixon
- BOX -- Rosewood-C.B. Aycock
- BOX -- Princeton-E. Carteret
- BOX -- Goldsboro-Franklinton