North Duplin finishes off Southside
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 27, 2013 1:47 PM
CHOCOWINITY -- North Duplin returned to Southside and completed its 27-12, season-opening victory Monday evening.
The game was suspended Friday due to lightning.
Daron Goodman led the Rebels with 184 yards on 29 carries and two touchdowns. Blake Rhodes added 32 yards on four totes, while James Britt finished with 28 yards on nine carries.
Britt's lone completion in three pass attempts was a 41-yard touchdown to receiver Boone McNeill.
The Rebels (1-0 overall) finished with 300 yards of total offense in the game. They ran 50 plays from scrimmage and controlled the pace of the contest.
North Duplin, which won a season-opening game for the fifth time in its last six tries, plays host to Pinetown Northside on Friday night.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV sports
- WCDS-Freedom tennis box
- Chargers roll in CPIC tennis opener
- Walnut Creek Ladies Golf news
- Rosewood linksters share first place in 8-team match
- CBA netters double up J.H. Rose
- WCDS snaps 2-game skid on volleyball court
- North Duplin notches first volleyball win of 2013
- Spring Creek upends perennial power Lakewood
- Rosewood spikers turn back Hobbton