Warrior boys run third in ECC 3A/4-A cross country meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 29, 2013 1:49 PM
Eastern Wayne opened the Eastern Carolina 3-A/4-A Conference portion of its schedule with a third-place finish at Waynesborough Park on Wednesday afternoon.
Videll Wright emerged the Warriors' top male finisher in 11th place with a time of 20 minutes, 34 seconds. Tim Cooper ran 13th, Josh Bartz finished 18th, Zach Evans was 26th and Andrew Lockerby ended up 28th to round out the team total for Eastern Wayne.
New Bern won the meet with 25 points. South Central (37) finished second and Eastern Wayne (78) took third. Southern Wayne ran fourth with 105 points. The Saints were paced by Wesley Smith's 24th-place finish.
On the girls' side, Cristela Rochell led Eastern Wayne with a time of 24:37, which was good enough for fifth place. Maddie Muston paced Southern Wayne in 31:51 and finished 20th overall.
Neither the Warriors nor the Saints posted a team score.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne Country Day notches 1st win of 2013
- Spring Creek claims dramatic win over Southern Wayne
- Bulldogs heed coach's advice, pull out 5-set affair
- JV football: Eastern Wayne 28, Goldsboro 18
- Jones takes 1st, WCS boys tie with Faith-Rocky Mount
- Rosewood places 3rd in 10-team golf match
- Greene Central handles Greenfield in tennis
- Eastern Wayne rolls over J.H. Rose
- CBA shuts out D.H. Conley on ECC 3A/4A tennis scene
- Lakewood sweeps North Duplin