County teams compete in ECC 3A/4A cross country meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 5, 2013 1:47 PM
WINTERVILLE -- Eastern Wayne ran fifth as a team overall during the first Eastern Carolina 3-A/4-A cross country meet at Boyd Lee Park on Wednesday afternoon.
Videl Wright led the Warriors with a ninth-place finish in 19 minutes, 41 seconds. Tim Cooper crossed the line 17th in 21:08.
Charles B. Aycock placed sixth in the team standings. Joseph Mooneyham led the Golden Falcons with a time of 20:10.
Southern Wayne took eighth. The Saints were paced by Wesley Smith's 18th place effort in 21:29.
Eastern Wayne's girls finished fifth as a team led by Cristella Rochell's time of 24:25, which was good enough for 10th overall. Morgan Exum finished 24th for the Warriors.
Southern Wayne ended up seventh in the team standings. The Saints were led by Dixie Ramirez' 48th-place finish.
C.B. Aycock did not record a team score.
Other Local Sports
- Princeton sweeps Spring Creek, takes first place in Carolina 1A volleyball
- Rosewood faces stern test against Midway
- JV football: Greene Central 41, SW Edgecombe 40
- JV football: Eastern Wayne 34, Red Springs 0
- JV football: CBA 28, N. Lenoir 18
- Gators, Saints run at Cliffs of the Neuse
- Rosewood linksters place 3rd
- Greene Central netters dominate North Lenoir
- N. Raleigh Christian edges Wayne Country Day in tennis
- Trinity-Raleigh shuts out Wayne Christian