Warriors shut down Hawks' attack
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 5, 2013 1:47 PM
Eastern Wayne's defense pitched a shutout in a 2-0 win over North Lenoir on Wednesday.
Henry Nelson converted a header off a free kick by Ethan Zadrozny in the 68th minute to put the Warriors ahead. Deonte Davis added a goal off an assist from Christian Anderson in the 72nd minute to seal the win.
Eastern Wayne (3-1 overall) is the guest of South Central in the Eastern Carolina 3-A/4-A Conference opener for both teams Tuesday.
North Lenoir (0-2-1) visits East Duplin on Monday.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV sports
- Rosewood opens Carolina 1A soccer season with win
- Princeton's "hammer" more than just a coveted prize
- County teams compete in ECC 3A/4A cross country meet
- Eastern Wayne continues domination on tennis courts
- Greene Central starts EPC tennis play with a shutout
- C.B. Aycock sweeps Greene Central in volleyball
- Princeton upends county foe North Johnston
- Rosewood sweeps Neuse Charter
- Ramirez, Cline each notch hat trick for Saints