Trojans spike in-state rival Chowan
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on September 26, 2013 1:48 PM
MURFREESBORO -- Nicole Karas, Lauren Lee and Nicole Sparks served three aces apiece and Mount Olive College handed previously-unbeaten Chowan University a 25-16, 25-14, 25-23 loss on Wednesday evening.
Carly White cranked out 10 kills for the Trojans, who extended their win streak to four matches after an 0-7 start. Alysha Tyms-Burnett provided nine kills, while Lee added eight kills.
Karas handed out 32 assists, while Sparks logged 11 digs on defense.
Charnel Austin provided two aces.
The Trojans (4-7 overall) travel to Conference Carolinas foe Converse (S.C.) College on Friday, and are the guests of league opponent Limestone (S.C.) on Saturday.
Other Local Sports
- Late coaching move helps Rosewood
- Bye week comes at good time for North Duplin
- Wright, Mooneyham emerge top area runners in ECC 3A/4A cross country meet
- Vikings shut out Cougars in ECC 2A soccer
- Rams upend Hawks in ECC 2A soccer battle
- S. Central snaps EW's 2-match win streak
- Epiphany sweeps WCDS on CPIC volleyball scene
- Cougars earn ECC 2A sweep of Greene Central
- Dogs avenge only loss of the season
- Greene Central rolls over Tarboro