Wright, Mooneyham emerge top area runners in ECC 3A/4A cross country meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 26, 2013 1:48 PM
GREENVILLE -- Eastern Wayne's Videl Wright led the 3-A runners with a ninth-place finish during an Eastern Carolina 3-A/4-A cross country meet at Boyd Lee Park on Wednesday.
Wright finished the course in 19 minutes, 8 seconds.
Joseph Mooneyham paced C.B. Aycock with a time of 19:10 and finished 10th overall. Anthony Womble led Southern Wayne runners with a 21st-place time of 20:01.
New Bern won the team event with 23 points. South Central (65), D.H. Conley (92), Eastern Wayne (117), C.B. Aycock (120), J.H. Rose (123) and Southern Wayne (191) rounded out the field.
On the girls' side, Christella Rochel paced Eastern Wayne in 23:22 and finished 10th overall. Mariah McHale led C.B. Aycock with a 29th-place finish. Southern Wayne's top runner was Dixie Ramirez in 49th place.
D.H. Conley won the girls' meet with 36 points. New Bern (38), South Central (87), J.H. Rose (91), Eastern Wayne (113) and Southern Wayne (184) completed the team standings. C.B. Aycock did not have enough runners to record a team score.
Other Local Sports
- Chargers turn back Knights in CPIC volleyball match
- Spring Creek nips Southern Nash, 2-1
- Wayne Christian's Jones leads field
- Rosewood linksters take 3-team meet at Cardinal CC
- Rams stay unbeaten on ECC 2A tennis scene
- Wayne Country Day netters blank Greenfield, 9-0
- North Duplin slips past Spring Creek in tennis
- Golden Falcons net ECC tennis shutout
- No. 3-ranked Warriors dispatch DHC on senior day
- Gators hand North Duplin a 4-set loss