Wayne Christian's Jones leads field
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 27, 2013 1:48 PM
NEW BERN -- Wayne Christian's Connor Jones was the top male runner in a 12-team meet contested at Creekside Park on Thursday afternoon.
Jones finished the race in 16 minutes, 56 seconds. South Lenoir's Mason Zeagler's finished second in 17:06. The Eagles' Spencer Foster (19:54) finished 21st.
Wayne Country Day's Jason Jones (20:01) was 24th.
Epiphany won the boys' portion of the meet with a team score of 34. South Lenoir was second with 67 points. Wayne Christian (154) and Wayne Country Day (197) were fifth and eighth, respectively.
Jacksonville's Haley Schaeffer was the top female runner with a time of 19:43. The Eagles' Sarah Allen (25:25) finished 23rd. The Chargers' Crawford Tanner (29:53) was 40th.
Epiphany won the girls' half of the meet with 42 points. Jacksonville was second with a score of 56.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Middle schools
- Northside shuts out Goldsboro
- Devilpups run past Rebels
- NC prep football scores
- Wiser's TD fumble return keeps EW's perfect start intact
- BOX - Spring Creek at Lakewood
- BOX - Rosewood at Hobbton
- BOX - Princeton at James Kenan
- BOX - Northside at Goldsboro
- BOX - C.B. Aycock at New Bern