Gators' Coor emerges top boys' runner in Carolina 1A XC meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 2, 2013 1:46 PM
PRINCETON -- Rosewood and Princeton claimed the boys' and girls' portions, respectively, of a Carolina 1-A Conference meet ran Tuesday afternoon at Princeton High School.
The Eagles won the boys' meet with 27 points. Spring Creek finished second with 37 points. Hobbton (76) and North Duplin (90) rounded out the team scores.
The Gators' Allen Coor was the top male runner with a time of 18 minutes, 39 seconds. Rosewood's Dalton Farmer was second in 19:25. Spring Creek's Gage Abbott finished third in 19:33.
Princeton's Jose Moreno (19:36) and Matthew Edwards (19:39) were fifth and sixth, respectively.
Ryan Miller (23:18) was the Rebels' top runner in 23rd place.
The Bulldogs tallied 30 points to win the girls' meet. Rosewood was second with a score of 63. North Duplin (65) and Hobbton (75) completed the team scoring.
Neuse Charter's Sara Stephenson was the top female runner with a time of 23:00. The Rebels' Genesis Orellano (23:18) and Haley Thurston (24:31) were second and third, respectively.
The Eagles' Ashley Duran finished fourth in 24:37.
Princeton's Altheia Balageo (25:00), Abby Rubio (25:04), Amber Johnson (25:04), Chelsea Hawley (25:05) and Courtney Brewer (25:35) crossed the finish line fifth through ninth, respectively.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV sports
- Gators play strong, complete game against Wildcats
- Hobbton sweeps N. Duplin in Carolina 1A volleyball
- Hunt knocks off CBA in tennis
- James Kenan slips past Rosewood
- Bautista's goal lifts Princeton in OT
- Drobac has 10 saves in Trojans' road loss
- Warriors' efforts please coaches in cross country meet
- ECC 3A/4A cross country results
- Golden Falcons, Bears play to 1-1 OT draw