James Kenan slips past Rosewood
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 3, 2013 1:48 PM
WARSAW -- James Kenan scored the game-winning goal with 10 minutes left in regulation and held off Rosewood 3-2 in a Carolina 1-A Conference game Wednesday evening.
Reed Howell and Josh Drew each scored a goal for the Eagles.
Ethan Chapin had one assist.
"We came out a little sluggish and got down 2-0 early," Rosewood head coach Eddie Maldonado said. "But I was really pleased with our guys' toughness and the grit they showed coming back to tie it."
Rosewood (8-5-1 overall, 4-4-0 CC) entertains Lakewood on Monday. James Kenan (8-2-2, 7-0-1) visits Lakewood on Oct. 9.
Other Local Sports
- Sanders would like to see seniors accomplish goals
- Rosewood, Spring Creek stage 4-set duel in volleyball
- Rosewood's Burton shares medalist honors
- Kennedy scores twice for Hawks against Goldsboro
- Rams extend conference match win streak to 37
- Playoff-bound Gators stop Rosewood
- EW netters finish regular season unbeaten at 15-0
- Princeton grabs share of 3rd straight Carolina 1A volleyball title
- On injured reserve: Don't expect JK's Sutton to stay there
- Preps digest: JV, middle school sports