No. 1-ranked James Kenan rolls past Rosewood
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 5, 2013 11:30 PM
Al Owens and JaQuan Williams each scored three touchdowns as No. 1-ranked James Kenan rolled to a 48-7 win at Carolina 1-A Conference foe Rosewood on Friday evening.
Owens led the Tigers with 107 yards on 10 carries and Kenan built a 48-0 lead by halftime at Branch Pope Field.
Williams provided two rushing touchdowns in the first quarter and he also hauled in a touchdown pass in the second quarter. The Tigers piled up 343 yards of offense.
John Brooks led the Tigers' defense with eight stops.
Kenan forced three turnovers.
Quarterback Jacob Sasser scored the Eagles' lone touchdown on a 1-yard run late in the third quarter. Jamari McGown led Rosewood with 39 yards on six carries.
The Tigers lead the all-time series 5-1.
James Kenan (6-0 overall, 2-0 CC) renews its rivalry with county foe North Duplin in Warsaw next Friday. The Eagles (3-4, 1-1) are the guests of Lakewood.
Other Local Sports
- Gators snap 15-game skid in Carolina 1A football play
- Athletic Bears hand Warriors first loss of 2013
- NC prep football scores
- MOC's online auction to help fund track facility
- Clark's TD catch lifts Aycock past So. Wayne
- BOX -- N. Duplin-Lakewood
- BOX -- James Kenan-Rosewood
- BOX -- Goldsboro-Scotland County
- BOX -- E. Wayne-New Bern
- BOX -- C.B. Aycock-So. Wayne