Rain washes out tennis action
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 10, 2013 1:49 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Rain suspended play in the season-ending Carolina 1-A Conference, while the Eastern Carolina 3-A tournament never began Wednesday afternoon.
The Carolina 1-A will resume action Friday at 9 a.m. on the Spring Creek High School courts. Competitors from regular-season champion North Duplin, Spring Creek and Rosewood are battling for spots in the N.C. High School Athletic Association 1-A east regional in Greenville.
Weather permitting, three ECC teams -- regular-season champion Eastern Wayne, tournament host Charles B. Aycock and Southern Wayne -- will play today at 3 p.m. on the Luke Vail Tennis Courts. The two finalists in singles and doubles qualify for the east 3-A regionals at Barton College in Wilson.
Other Local Sports
- Allen expected to take over as Saints' QB
- Rosewood linksters prevail at Cardinal CC
- Hawks slip past Chargers in ECC 2A soccer
- Princeton falls to Hobbton
- Rampants edge Golden Falcons 3-2 in ECC 3A/4A soccer
- Epiphany spikers shut down Wayne Country Day
- North Lenoir cruises past Goldsboro in ECC 2A volleyball
- Princeton knocks off Lakewood
- Rosewood sweeps North Duplin on volleyball court
- Rain forces cancellation of ECC 3A tennis tournament