Wayne Christian captures CCC boys' XC championship
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 16, 2013 1:49 PM
SANFORD -- Wayne Christian's boys had three of the top seven runners and claimed the Carolina Christian 1-A Conference championship at Kiwanis Park on Tuesday afternoon.
The Eagles tallied nine points and Trinity was second with 20. Grace Christian had 23 and Lee Christian compiled a score of 26.
Wayne Christian's Connor Jones was the top male runner with a time of 17 minutes, 59 seconds, and was named the conference's male runner-of-the-year.
Teammate Spencer Foster finished fourth in 20:10. Justin Graham (22:25) was seventh.
Grace Christian won the girls' meet with six points and Lee Christian had 15. No other team recorded a score. Grace's Madie Bolen was the top female runner with a time of 22:03.
Sarah Allen (25:09) led the Eagles with a fourth-place finish. Carla Benton (32:49) was 14th.
Wayne Christian returns to action Oct. 22 at the Wayne County Championships at Waynesborough Park.
Other Local Sports
- James Kenan clinches share of Carolina 1A soccer crown
- Princeton three-peats as Carolina 1A volleyball tournament champ
- Rebels look to end frustrating 5-game skid
- Tigers, Leopards duel for 1st place in Carolina 1A football race
- Ayden-Grifton blanks Goldsboro in ECC 2A soccer
- North Lenoir shuts out S. Lenoir
- Spring Creek dumps Lakewood in 4 sets
- Warriors' Wright earns all-ECC accolades
- Hammonds growing in Gators' offense
- Preps digest: JV, middle schools news