Warriors' Wright earns all-ECC accolades
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 17, 2013 1:48 PM
WINTERVILLE -- Runners met one final time to decide the Eastern Carolina 3-A/4-A Conference cross country championships at Boyd Lee Park on Wednesday afternoon.
New Bern won the boys' title.
South Central took the girls' crown.
On the boys' side, Eastern Wayne's Videl Wright earned all-ECC honors with an eighth-place finish of 18 minutes, 25 seconds. He helped the Warriors place third in the team competition.
Charles B. Aycock ended up fifth and had two second-team all-ECC picks -- Joseph Mooneyham and John Parrish. Southern Wayne took seventh and received two second-team all-ECC selections -- Anthony Womble and Wesley Smith.
On the girls' side, Eastern Wayne placed fifth as a team and Cristella Rochel garnered second-team all-conference accolades. The Golden Falcons and Saints took sixth and seventh, respectively, in team action.
Other Local Sports
- Goldsboro heads to Kinston minus two key linemen
- WCDS volleyball ends season in CPIC tournament
- Rosewood upends Neuse Charter on soccer pitch
- Conley turns back E. Wayne in ECC 3A/4A soccer
- Zacharzuk (Collin) scores twice in CBA road win
- Trojan women picked 3rd in CC preseason hoops poll
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Chargers start slow, claim CPIC boys' soccer title
- Conference Carolinas alters basketball tournament format
- James Kenan clinches share of Carolina 1A soccer crown