No. 1-ranked James Kenan dominates Hobbton
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 26, 2013 11:40 PM
NEWTON GROVE -- James Kenan did all of its scoring before halftime in a 35-14 win over Carolina 1-A Conference rival Hobbton on Friday night.
The Tigers jumped out to a 21-0 lead after one quarter. Antonio Smith hauled in a 32-yard touchdown pass from Dominique Barnes on the game's first possession. Barnes added a one-yard touchdown run and Marcelias Sutton capped the period with a 32-yard scamper.
Sutton added a pair of touchdowns in the second quarter and put the game out of reach. The N.C. State commit finished with 149 yards and three touchdowns on just six carries.
Barnes finished with four completions for 91 yards and one touchdown.
The win assures the Tigers of at least a share of the league title. James Kenan (9-0 overall, 5-0 CC) can win the league outright with a victory over Spring Creek next week.
Other Local Sports
- WCDS tennis boxes
- Wayne Country Day ends Statesville's reign as NCISAA 1A tennis queen
- Eastern Wayne defense does its job against DHC
- Missed scoring chances haunt Goldsboro
- Spring Creek shows its big-play capability against Rosewood
- Princeton earns return trip to 1A east volleyball finals
- NC prep football scores
- Jones wins third straight NCISAA 1A cross country state title
- BOX - Southern Wayne-New Bern
- BOX - North Duplin-Princeton