Princeton's Frasier chases state record
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 26, 2013 11:40 PM
PRINCETON -- Johnny Frasier scored seven rushing touchdowns and one receiving touchdown as Princeton rolled past North Duplin 62-6 in a Carolina 1-A Conference football game Friday evening.
Frasier tallied 410 rushing yards on 20 carries. He added one reception for 76 yards. The junior tailback set a school record for rushing touchdowns in a game and total touchdowns in a game. Frasier missed the state record for rushing touchdowns in a game by one. Three players have had eight rushing scores in one game, the most recent being T.J. Logan from Northern Guilford in the 2012 3-AA state championship game.
Princeton quarterback Michael Wooten completed three passes for 88 yards.
North Duplin was led by Daquan Goodman's 132 yards rushing. Goodman scored the Rebels only touchdown with a five-yard run in the third quarter. Daron Goodman added 68 yards on 15 totes.
James Britt completed six passes on 12 attempts for the Rebels for 83 yards.
North Duplin (2-7 overall, 0-4 CC) entertains Hobbton next week. Princeton (6-3, 3-1) travels to Lakewood.
Other Local Sports
- WCDS tennis boxes
- Wayne Country Day ends Statesville's reign as NCISAA 1A tennis queen
- Eastern Wayne defense does its job against DHC
- Missed scoring chances haunt Goldsboro
- Spring Creek shows its big-play capability against Rosewood
- Princeton earns return trip to 1A east volleyball finals
- NC prep football scores
- Jones wins third straight NCISAA 1A cross country state title
- BOX - Southern Wayne-New Bern
- BOX - North Duplin-Princeton