Preps digest: JV football, middle schools
By Andrew Stevens
Published in Sports on November 1, 2013 1:49 PM
Southern Wayne 54,
J.H. Rose 17
* DUDLEY -- Southern Wayne cruised past Eastern Carolina 3-A/4-A Conference foe J.H. Rose 54-17 on Thursday night.
Mannie Walker and Chris Wilson led the Saints' offense. Josh Graham and Nick Kenan paced the defense.
Southern Wayne (4-5 overall, 2-3 ECC) concludes regular-season play at Eastern Wayne next Thursday.
* Football: Spring Creek d. Rosewood -- Will Archer and Nick Strickland each tallied two rushing touchdowns for the Gators. Donte Bunch and Javon Newsome both contributed a rushing touchdown. Dominique Morse supplied three two-point conversions. Gabe Barfield recovered a fumble and Strickland had an interception. Spring Creek (7-0) clinched the Wayne County Middle School Athletic Conference Division I championship and visits Division II champ Grantham on Tuesday.
* Football: Norwayne 30, Greenwood 6 -- Kamarion Graham scored four touchdowns for the Cobras, including an 80-yard touchdown reception from Blake Gipson. Noah Pilkington contributed a touchdown and Luke Frederick had more than 100 yards rushing. Kaleb Moore recovered a fumble. Marquez Farmer, Rakeem McNair, Emmanuel Overton and Alec Pine led the team in tackles. Norwayne plays host to Rosewood on Tuesday.
* Volleyball: Rosewood d. Spring Creek 25-21, 25-13, 25-21 -- Alaysha Warren recorded three aces for the Eagles. Rosewood finished its season with a record of 15-1.
* Volleyball: Norwayne d. Greenwood 25-16, 25-11, 20-25, 25-20 -- The Cobras (13-1 overall) visit Grantham on Monday.
Other Local Sports
- Eastern Wayne gets past CB Aycock
- North Duplin turns back Hobbton
- Spring Creek soccer downs Tarboro
- Southern Wayne soccer falls in OT
- Prep football digest
- BOX - CB Aycock-Eastern Wayne
- BOX - Southern Wayne-JH Rose
- BOX - N. Duplin-Hobbton
- BOX - James Kenan-Spring Creek
- Injury bug depleting Saints' roster