CBA freshman Wallace off to unbeaten start
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on November 25, 2013 1:47 PM
Charles B. Aycock freshman Joshua Wallace completed the first week of his varsity career in perfect fashion after a 5-0 performance during a multi-team dual meet contested at Eastern Wayne.
Wallace, who battled at 152 pounds, pinned four opponents and earned a forfeit during the day-long affair that lasted six-plus hours. He is 7-0 this season with five pins, one decision and one forfeit.
Teammate Zack Howard, who joined the program's Century Club (100 wins) last season, logged four victories on the day along with returning starter Ryan Morton. Jacob Dickenson claimed three victories. Matt Teachey, Sam Mott, Tyler Marquard, Trent Marquard, Alvin Ward, William Johnson and Chris Barbour picked up two wins apiece.
Jeannautica Jones seized one win.
The Golden Falcons posted a 2-3 dual-team and ended up 20-32 in contested matches. They secured dual victories over archrival Eastern Wayne and Nash Central, but lost to perennial power Western Harnett, Swansboro and Clinton.
Aycock exited the meet 4-3 overall this season.
Warriors notch first dual win
* Eastern Wayne emerged victorious in three of four contested matches and earned five forfeits in a 48-30 victory over Nash Central during a multi-team meet contested in the Warriors' old gym Saturday afternoon.
The triumph snapped a season-opening, eight-match skid.
Rashaun Pridgen collected four individual wins for Eastern Wayne. Teammates Julian Bruton, Bryan Wooten, Cole Steiner and Brice Heller each defeated three opponents. Mario Harper, Cameron Martin and Cainen Miller won two matches apiece.
Delyn Coley emerged victorious against Nash Central.
The Warriors (1-8 overall) fell to Western Harnett, Swansboro, Clinton and C.B. Aycock.
Rosewood starts 4-0
* DEEP RUN -- Rosewood launched its 2013-14 wrestling campaign by sweeping a five-team, non-conference meet contested Friday.
Sam Drew, Rayquon Jones, Jayden Thomas and Evan Reiss collected three individual wins apiece. Ticoree Owens, Josh Drew, Garner Beasley, Chad Keefer, Kaleb Taylor, Jordan Batson, Nick Martin and Trevor Thompson each won a pair of individual bouts.
Bryan Clayton, Alex Godwin, Cameron Helt, Shawn McCullen and Adam Henn each won one match.
The Eagles defeated North Pitt, Wilson Fike, East Carteret and South Lenoir.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Chargers' starters break out early
- Prep basketball boxes -- WCDS, Rosewood
- Wrestling results -- Rosewood, N. Lenoir
- Princeton girls defeat Raleigh Charter
- N. Lenoir girls defeat C.B. Aycock
- Princeton boys prevail in season opener
- Wrestling results -- E. Wayne, Princeton
- Rosewood girls prevail in Grantham's coaching debut
- RHS matmen sweep tri-meet at N. Lenoir