Trio leads Warriors at New Bern swim meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 25, 2013 1:47 PM
NEW BERN -- Eastern Wayne's Greg Moorehead, Bradley Makdad and Tricia Malcolm each picked up an individual victory during a multi-team, non-conference meet contested at the Twin Rivers YMCA on Saturday.
Moorehead logged a first-place time of 2 minutes, 34.53 seconds in the 200-yard individual medley. He ended up second in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:17.79, and swam the second leg on the Warriors' 200 medley relay.
Makdad handled the anchor duties on the relay, which took second in 2:04.99. He was joined by Will Samson and Ryan Fleming. Later in the meet, Makdad touched the wall first in the 100 back in 1:13.93.
Willie Smith secured fifth place in the 500 free. Smith, Samson, Makdad and Moorehead helped the Warriors finish second in 4:07.30 in the 400 free relay.
Malcolm emerged the 50 free winner in 28.38 seconds. She swam the anchor leg on the 400 free relay, which finished fourth among eight teams in 5:13.92. Joining her were Brianna Applegarth, Kaitlin Tallarida and Faith Boyette.
Applegarth was sixth in the 200 free and fifth in the 500 free.
The foursome of Carmen Vickory, Sophie Zou, Lilly Boyette and Julie-Ann Pierce captured fourth place in the meet-opening, 200 medley relay.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Chargers' starters break out early
- Prep basketball boxes -- WCDS, Rosewood
- Wrestling results -- Rosewood, N. Lenoir
- Princeton girls defeat Raleigh Charter
- N. Lenoir girls defeat C.B. Aycock
- Princeton boys prevail in season opener
- Wrestling results -- E. Wayne, Princeton
- Rosewood girls prevail in Grantham's coaching debut
- RHS matmen sweep tri-meet at N. Lenoir