C.B. Aycock boys defeat Eastern Wayne
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on February 15, 2014 11:13 PM
PIKEVILLE -- With its best player on the bench after fouling out, Charles B. Aycock got a big lift from its supporting cast.
The Golden Falcons got 11 of their 15 fourth-quarter points from their bench in a 57-49 win over Eastern Carolina 3-A/4-A Conference rival Eastern Wayne on Saturday night.
Michael Williams led the Golden Falcons (8-15, 2-10) with 14 points and nine rebounds before fouling out. Trae Woodard added 10 points and Neil Clark had eight.
The Warriors' Malik Richards scored a game-high 19 points and Micah Smith contributed 12 points. Dayshawn Boudy finished with nine points.
"Not to make excuses, but I thought we looked rusty after all the days off," Eastern Wayne head coach Chris Roberts said. "It was their senior night and we expected Aycock to come out with a lot of energy and emotion. We had trouble matching that energy early on."
The Warriors (3-12 overall, 3-8 ECC) entertain Southern Wayne on Monday.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV sports
- WCDS basketball boxes
- Patriots oust Chargers in CPIC semifinals
- Reed, Brite pace Trojan men at home
- Rosewood girls clinch first league title since 2007
- Princeton boys stay in title hunt
- Goldsboro takes care of business in final 2 ECC games
- Goldsboro-North Lenoir boxes
- Whisenhunt: Football icon is honorary member of NCFCA
- Aycock girls upend Eastern Wayne