CBA's Howard, EW's Williams survive 3A regional
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on February 17, 2014 1:48 PM
ROCKY MOUNT -- Charles B. Aycock's Zack Howard and Eastern Wayne's Quadrick Williams are headed to the season-ending N.C. High School Athletic Association Class 3-A state wrestling championships.
The sixth-seeded Howard, a junior, prevailed in four consolation-round matches and claimed the bronze medal (third place) at 126 pounds.
Seeded second at 160 pounds, Williams bounced back after a semifinal-round loss to third-seeded John Ellis of Havelock. Williams claimed third place after Northern Nash's Kendal Hamilton couldn't compete due to an injury.
Rocky Mount High School played host to the east 3-A regional.
Other Local Sports
- Trojan men hit century mark against Belmont Abbey
- Kines overcomes shaky start, Trojans dump Concord (W. Va.)
- Preps digest: JV, middle school sports
- Roberts delivers game-winning shot for Saints
- So. Wayne-E. Wayne box scores
- Wooten, Woodard spark Princeton boys
- Ivey leads ND boys past Hobbton
- James Kenan boys bounce back in 2nd half
- Princeton girls cruise past Lakewood
- North Duplin girls stop Hobbton in OT